Friday, February 6, 2009

Art Media

Straying away from things to read about art, I would like to draw attention to a video clip that I came across online the other day. A friend of mine introduced me to the work of an artist/computer genius named Jonathan Harris and the things that he creates are unreal. This video clip is about one of his projects called "We Feel Fine" - it's relatively long (about 20ish minutes) but really provokes a lot of thought. After watching the clip, I looked up the project and can't get enough of it. Essentially this guy invented computer software that compiles all the "I feel" statements from blogs around the world every two hours. Then these statements are displayed for people like me and you to read in an attractive way. My words can't do it justice, I suggest you check it out for yourself. A friend of mine, who isn't into anything relating to the arts, enjoyed it too (although I think it was for completely different reasons than me)... it's one of those things that can reach and affect a wide range of people in totally different ways.

Strange, does this mean that MY "I feel" statements have come up some time or another on this site? I assume so. How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment