Friday, February 13, 2009

Art News In Place of Art Texts

I haven't been reading lately.  I guess I haven't really had much time.  Actually, I take that back, I have actually been reading quite a bit but it hasn't been literature on the arts.  It's been articles relating to the art world.  Is it just me or have newspapers and magazines and journals and online publications lately been dedicating more time to writing about the arts?  I've been reading about British statues being removed due to becoming potentially dangerous.  I've been reading about the upcoming Yves Saint Laurent auction held by Christie's in Paris at the end of this month.  I've been reading about the poor showing and sales results of the European Contemporary Art Fair (going on now) called ARCO...  it's hard times for everyone right now.  

I think that people are working hard and trying to have positive attitudes about the gray economic situation but it seems to be poking its ugly head into even the most beautiful parts of life right now.  :: Sigh ::

No comments:

Post a Comment