Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Sartorialist



Yes, the Sartorialist is now a book.  Pre-order your copy today.  For those of you who don’t know, the Sartorialist is a street style blog run by Scott Schuman that has gained a devoted following.  I, too, am an avid follower, and I am so excited about this.

This blog has received accolades, named as one of Time Magazine’s Top 100 Design Influences.  The New York Times says “the bellwether American site that turned photo blogging into an art form.”

Kanye West says, “Scott doesn’t just take pictures, he captures emotion. He is not just a photographer. He’s a historian marking the feelings of this generation one photo at a time.”

Carine Roitfeld, editor of French Vogue, says, “During all the fashion weeks I am approached by many photographers, Scott is the only one who can ask me to cross the street for better light and I do it! I love his portraits.”

I can’t wait to get my hands on this book and flip through all the wonderful photographs.  To me, as much as I love following the Sartorialist online, nothing can compare when I can study the portraits up close in print.

No comments:

Post a Comment